Group Head Office Tiddington Road Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 7BJ Tel: 01789 204211 www.nfumut...
Group Head Office
Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 7BJ
Tel: 01789 204211
A YEAR IN THE NEWS
OCTOBER - DECEMBER 2005
- November: Criticises calls for the introduction of a levy on the agricultural industry in order to protect taxpayers from footing the bill in the event of future livestock disease outbreaks.
- November: Formally opens its training academy to provide courses for its 3100 employees and agents near its headquarters in Stratford-upon-Avon. The building has capacity for 150 people to be trained at one time and NFU Mutual will offer job-specific training along with professional qualifications.
- December: Announces that its chief claims manager, David Sweeney, will retire next year. He reveals that his successor will be former claims technical manager John Kenny, who has already been appointed chief claims manager (designate).
MAY - JUNE 2006
- May: Sells Country Mutual Insurance Brokers to Towergate in one of the consolidator's largest deals yet. In 2004, CMIB's fee and commission income was £23.8m and it had a premium income of more than £130m. CMIB managing director Neil McKenzie is set to stay at NFU Mutual.
JULY - SEPTEMBER 2006
- August: Reveals customers will have greater involvement in the company after the establishment of seven regional boards, as per the Myners Review recommendations.
FACTS AND FIGURES 2005
UK GWP: £890m
UK pre-tax profit: £677m
Regional offices (UK): 10
Key personnel: Ian Geden, group chief executive; Tim Hewson-Stoate, customer services director; Alan Harris, operations director; William Schouten, corporate services director; Kim Arif, finance director
Main business lines: General insurance - business, motor, personal, life insurance; life insurance - pensions and investments
Recent sales/acquisitions: Sold Country Mutual Insurance Brokers in May
Major shareholders: Policyholders (mutual status)
UK Reserves: General insurance - £4.48bn; group - £10.48bn.
Agency base: 300
Name of direct arm: NFU Mutual Direct.
Year established: 1910
Source: NFU Mutual.
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- Charles Taylor bolsters liability team by hiring senior sextet from Vericlaim
- I work in insurance: Stephanie Horton, River Canal Rescue
- Insurtech diary: Getting stuck into insurance
- Analysis: The mystery of the missing Insurance Fraud Taskforce report
- Gallagher Bassett acquires claims management firm