Group Head office: Tiddington Road, Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire CV37 7BJ Tel: 01789 204211 ...
Group Head office: Tiddington Road, Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire CV37 7BJ
Tel: 01789 204211
A YEAR IN THE NEWS
October - December 2006
- October: Expands agency base by more than 10% as it looks to employ 40 new commission agents that will sell general insurance and act as introducers on life products. The company already has 300 tied agencies.
- December: After a twelve month tender it announces a EUR130m (£87.5m), ten-year IT outsourcing contract with Atos Origin. The contract covers the outsourcing of all data centres and desktops to the company, with 78 jobs transferring from the insurer to the supplier.
January - March 2007
- January: NFU Mutual counter fraud controller Allan Clare defects to Royal Bank of Scotland Insurance. He has been at NFU Mutual since 2004 and has over 14 years' counter fraud experience.
April - June 2007
- June: Reveals it will cut premiums by 10% under its mutual bonus scheme by the end of the year, despite profits on general insurance business falling by almost £100m. The fall from £481m in 2005 to £384m in 2006 appears to be attributed to an even larger dip in other income and charges, which fell from £445m to £332m.
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- I work in insurance: Stephanie Horton, River Canal Rescue
- Charles Taylor bolsters liability team by hiring senior sextet from Vericlaim
- Travel insurtech Pluto begins beta test
- Insurtech diary: Getting stuck into insurance
- Gallagher Bassett acquires claims management firm