Post caught up with Alasdair Stewart, director of marketing and communications at Axa, ahead of the Biba conference in Manchester.
Best thing ever picked up at a Biba stand?
I have stopped picking up the tat that everyone has on offer. Now I stick to good coffee, free sweets and of course the Axa wine which, judging by the speed we have to serve it, is also popular with the brokers. At a food exhibition in Germany I once picked up a whole case of Irn Bru from Mr Barr himself.
Who is the most impressive speaker you have ever seen at a Biba Conference?
Who is your favourite Mancunian?
David Lloyd-George or Bernard Manning. Both right-on Liberals.
What is your favourite Manchester haunt for food and/or drinks?
Bar - Taps at Great Northern Tower, you pour your own pint - so no waiting and very rarely have I been refused service.
Restaurant - San Carlo on King Street - fabulous food - bit of cheese too with loads of photos on walls of all the famous people who have been there
With market conditions for European insurers are extremely challenging, and companies facing a wide range of difficulties, just who has made the list of the top 30 European insurers complied by Am Best.
- Insurance United Against Dementia: Swiss Re UK CEO O'Neill on why tackling Alzheimer's is important
- UK loss adjuster rankings 2017: The rankings
- Loss adjuster rankings 2017: Foreword by CILA
- Ophelia insurer could face claims of up to £10m
- Pet insurance market breaks £1bn mark in GWP
- European Commission urged to delay Insurance Distribution Directive
- Analysis: Councils: Local challenges