Natural catastrophes cost the insurer $371.5m of underwriting losses in the quarter from hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria in addition to the earthquakes in Mexico. The Q3 2017 combined operating
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- 30,000 Alpha policyholders to be moved to new insurer
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- This week: Gaukward moment for insurers following Ogden change
- Blog: Fires and cars - spontaneous combustion is 'use'
- Aviva's Neos hopes to double UK customer base by year end
- Young driver curfew plans 'could have deadly consequences'