Rank: 12 (2014 rank: 12)
Customer websites: www.nfumutual.co.uk in addition to 300 local branch websites
UK executive members: Lindsay Sinclair, CEO, pictured; Steve Bower, customer services director; Kim Arif, finance director; Maureen Jones, HR director; Timothy Mann, IT director; Nicholas Turner, sales director; Gina Fusco, strategy, marketing and corporate communications director
Solvency II coverage ratio: NFU Mutual has internal models approved by the PRA for use under the new rules from January 2016
Total staff: 3676
Gender ratio: 53% female/47% male
UK regional offices: Belfast, Bristol, Chester, Glasgow, Norwich, Stratford-upon-Avon and York
If your company was an Olympic sport, what would it be?
Being the largest rural insurer and great team players, we'd have to be team jumping in the equestrian.
Which TV/film box-set best sums up your company?
Bearing in mind our previous answer, we'd be Champions with John Hurt, the story of Bob Champion
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Young driver curfew plans 'could have deadly consequences'
- Aviva's Neos hopes to double UK customer base by year end
- Blog: Fires and cars - spontaneous combustion is 'use'
- Opponents of diversity 'shouldn’t be working in this marketplace': Miller CEO
- Money Supermarket clone site shut down
- Analysis: SME risk management: Loss of appetite