The All Party Parliamentary Group for Insurance & Financial Services is holding its first meeting of the new Parliamentary session next Tuesday when the leading trade bodies will be asked to set out their agendas for the new Parliament.
This will be the first public meeting of the group since Heather Wheeler, Conservative MP for Derbyshire South, was elected to succeed Jonathan Evans as chair of the group following the General Election.
With the political conference season upon us, the group has invited some of the leading representative bodies in the insurance sector to speak to the it about the key issues they hope to see addressed by goverment and Parliament over the coming years.
The Insurance Industry Wish List: What does the insurance industry want to achieve in the coming years?
- Association of British Insurers - Huw Evans, director general
- Association of Professional Financial Advisers – Caroline Escott, senior policy adviser or Chris Hannant, director general [TBC]
- British Insurance Brokers’ Association – Graeme Trudgill, executive director
Date, location and time
Tuesday 8 September, Committee Room 17 in the main house, 4.30pm to 6pm.
The meeting is open to the public. If you are attending you should allow plenty of time to enter the Palace of Westmister as the queues for public admission can sometimes be very long.
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Money Supermarket clone site shut down
- Blog: Fires and cars - spontaneous combustion is 'use'
- Victor names incoming UK boss
- Ecclesiastical hauled over coals in child abuse inquiry
- Hastings reveals Ogden rate hit
- British Insurance Awards 2019: Commercial Lines Broker of the Year - SME/Mid-Corporate - Towergate Insurance Brokers