The All Party Parliamentary Group for Insurance & Financial Services is holding its first meeting of the new Parliamentary session next Tuesday when the leading trade bodies will be asked to set out their agendas for the new Parliament.
This will be the first public meeting of the group since Heather Wheeler, Conservative MP for Derbyshire South, was elected to succeed Jonathan Evans as chair of the group following the General Election.
With the political conference season upon us, the group has invited some of the leading representative bodies in the insurance sector to speak to the it about the key issues they hope to see addressed by goverment and Parliament over the coming years.
The Insurance Industry Wish List: What does the insurance industry want to achieve in the coming years?
- Association of British Insurers - Huw Evans, director general
- Association of Professional Financial Advisers – Caroline Escott, senior policy adviser or Chris Hannant, director general [TBC]
- British Insurance Brokers’ Association – Graeme Trudgill, executive director
Date, location and time
Tuesday 8 September, Committee Room 17 in the main house, 4.30pm to 6pm.
The meeting is open to the public. If you are attending you should allow plenty of time to enter the Palace of Westmister as the queues for public admission can sometimes be very long.
- Gibraltar legal expenses insurer declares insolvency
- Analysis: Are AI solutions being used to mitigate risks?
- Former Ageas claims director Rob Smale joins salvage company
- Medco issues warning over government consultation
- Stackhouse Poland MGAs to be absorbed by Pen Underwriting
- Diversity & Inclusion success in Insurance to be celebrated at inaugural Post awards
- Aston Lark deal gives broker firepower for larger acquisitions