Post caught up with Allianz CEO Jon Dye, ahead of the Biba conference in Manchester.
Best thing ever picked up at a Biba stand?
The cocktails on the Bluefin stand in 2009 (my first Biba) were particularly enjoyable, as I recall.
Who is the most impressive speaker you have ever seen at a Biba Conference?
I stay in the hall to talk to our broker partners rather than attending the formal sessions, so I can't comment on the conference speakers. I have heard any number of impressive stories from our customers, however!
Who is your favourite Mancunian?
Like most students in the 1980s, I found that Morrissey was difficult to avoid. He is now the principal instrument of torture on the iPod in my car as far as my daughter is concerned.
What is your favourite Manchester haunt for food and/or drinks?
House, as the venue for our broker dinner on the night before the conference.
- Motor insurers paying out record £23m in claims every day
- Relaunched insurer Folgate to write £35m in first year
- Blog: Database overload
- Staff at collapsed RIIG owed thousands in unpaid wages
- Polaris appoints Gallagher’s Vivek Banga as MD
- Insured losses for the California wildfires could hit $13bn
- Blog: Who Monitors Wins