Post caught up with Allianz CEO Jon Dye, ahead of the Biba conference in Manchester.
Best thing ever picked up at a Biba stand?
The cocktails on the Bluefin stand in 2009 (my first Biba) were particularly enjoyable, as I recall.
Who is the most impressive speaker you have ever seen at a Biba Conference?
I stay in the hall to talk to our broker partners rather than attending the formal sessions, so I can't comment on the conference speakers. I have heard any number of impressive stories from our customers, however!
Who is your favourite Mancunian?
Like most students in the 1980s, I found that Morrissey was difficult to avoid. He is now the principal instrument of torture on the iPod in my car as far as my daughter is concerned.
What is your favourite Manchester haunt for food and/or drinks?
House, as the venue for our broker dinner on the night before the conference.
A huge well done to all involved with organising our Remembrance Day event on Friday, including our Corporate Real Estate team. One of them, Ibrahim, took this incredible footage of poppies dropping as he (along with others) leaned (safely!) over the gantry to let them go. pic.twitter.com/pSbapkWBBR— Lloyd's (@LloydsofLondon) November 12, 2018
- Aviva to transfer 1.39m policies to Irish post-Brexit hub
- John Doyle unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty
- Bollington Wilson Group opens Manchester HQ
- RSA pulls out of three London market lines
- Axa XL's Paul Greensmith on why film underwriters deserve an Oscar
- Amazon to shake up the insurance market by 2023, warn insurers
- Mike Brockman reveals plans for ‘next generation’ telematics