Post caught up with Alasdair Stewart, director of marketing and communications at Axa, ahead of the Biba conference in Manchester.
Best thing ever picked up at a Biba stand?
I have stopped picking up the tat that everyone has on offer. Now I stick to good coffee, free sweets and of course the Axa wine which, judging by the speed we have to serve it, is also popular with the brokers. At a food exhibition in Germany I once picked up a whole case of Irn Bru from Mr Barr himself.
Who is the most impressive speaker you have ever seen at a Biba Conference?
Who is your favourite Mancunian?
David Lloyd-George or Bernard Manning. Both right-on Liberals.
What is your favourite Manchester haunt for food and/or drinks?
Bar - Taps at Great Northern Tower, you pour your own pint - so no waiting and very rarely have I been refused service.
Restaurant - San Carlo on King Street - fabulous food - bit of cheese too with loads of photos on walls of all the famous people who have been there
- Start-up motor MGA to target £20m premium in first year
- Video: Crif's Sara Costantini on improving fraud detection in commercial lines
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Co-op hits out at software viability in IBM legal dispute
- Supply chain focus: How ADAS is shifting the goalposts in motor repair
- MGAs roundtable: What does the future hold for managing general agents?
- Insurers warn of red tape burden from EU green cards