Brendan McCafferty, chief executive of Flood Re, will be updating MPs on the progress in establishing Flood Re at a meeting of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services tomorrow (Tuesday 24 March - details below). Mr McCafferty was appointed last summer and has been building the team, processes and policies Flood Re requires.
Flood Re is due to take over the provision of flood insurance cover for domestic properties in areas at high risk of flooding later this year and this will be the last opportunity for MPs to hear how Flood Re expects to meet its brief before heading off on the election trail.
This will also be the final meeting of the All Party Group in this Parliament and the final meeting chaired by Jonathan Evans who is standing down at the election. The group is expected to be re-formed early in the new Parliament when a new chairman and officers will be elected.
The meeting is open to the public, subject to space. If you are attending you should allow adequate time to get through the security checks.
Tuesday 24 March
Committee Room 18, House of Commons
Flood Re: An update on the implementation
This session will give parliamentarians a chance to talk to the CEO of Flood Re about the progress that is being made in introducing the new regime for protecting properties against loses caused by flooding.
Brendan McCafferty, CEO, Flood Re
- Gibraltar legal expenses insurer declares insolvency
- Analysis: Are AI solutions being used to mitigate risks?
- Former Ageas claims director Rob Smale joins salvage company
- Medco issues warning over government consultation
- Stackhouse Poland MGAs to be absorbed by Pen Underwriting
- Aston Lark deal gives broker firepower for larger acquisitions
- Diversity & Inclusion success in Insurance to be celebrated at inaugural Post awards