Tomorrow (Tuesday 9 December) the London insurance market will present the findings of its recent report to the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services.
London Matters, commissioned by the London Market Group, was published last month and makes a powerful case for the importance of the London insurance market. It also calls for greater unity of purpose across the London Market when it comes to putting the market’s case to regulators and governments and tomorrow's meeting is an important milestone in that drive
This session will look at how London aims to retain its position as the global insurance hub as its share of worldwide insurance premium declines in face of stiff global competition; while also addressing the role the London market can play in helping facilitate the Government’s Insurance Growth Action Plan, especially utilising its extensive underwriting expertise.
Tuesday 9 December 4.30pm, Committee Room 12
The London Market in 2015 and beyond: Retaining its global pre-eminence and facilitating local growth
Steve Hearn, Deputy CEO, Willis Group and chairman of the London Market Group
Sean McGovern, Lloyd's Chief Risk Officer and General Counsel
The meeting is open to the public. If you are attending you should allow plenty of time to enter the Palace of Westmister as the queues for public admission can sometimes be very long.
- Zurich settles two claims from Westminster terror attacks
- ERS owners explore potential sale
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- CBL broker EISL stages management buyout
- Co-op hits out at software viability in IBM legal dispute
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud