The ambitious plans for reform of the UK's pensions system drew a big crowd to the recent meeting of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services.
Originally set up to brief MPs on the industry's reactions to the proposals for the major overhaul of annuities announced by George Osborne, Chancellor of the Exchequer, in his Budget earlier this year, the meeting was given a further topical edge by the Chancellor's speech the day before saying he envisaged all workers over 55 being able to use their pensions savings as a bnak account.
The meeting heard presentations from John Perks, Managing Director, Retirement Solutions, LV and Ewan Smith, Pensions Proposition & Strategy Director, Royal London setting out the background and industry reaction to the reform proposals.
John Perks' presentation - Pensions Reforms - LV presentation
Ewan Smith's presentation - Pensions Reforms - Royal London Presentation
The minutes of the meeting can be found on the Documents page under Pensions.
#News: The insurance industry is putting forward ideas to make it easier for the financial sector to invest in greener assets, unlocking billions of pounds worth of funds which could help mitigate the impact of #ClimateChange https://t.co/icxnybN0Lp pic.twitter.com/68IovgDTJq— ABI (@BritishInsurers) March 11, 2019
- Claims Apprentice 2019: Episode 1 - Meet the teams
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- Marsh looks to further €1.1bn of debt to fund JLT acquisition
- Child abuse survivors decry tactics of 'velociraptor' insurance lawyers
- Underinsurance among the risks for increasing number of stockpiling businesses
- Analysis: The changing nature of festival risk
- Insurtech Kinsu hits pause over lack of funds