The ambitious plans for reform of the UK's pensions system drew a big crowd to the recent meeting of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services.
Originally set up to brief MPs on the industry's reactions to the proposals for the major overhaul of annuities announced by George Osborne, Chancellor of the Exchequer, in his Budget earlier this year, the meeting was given a further topical edge by the Chancellor's speech the day before saying he envisaged all workers over 55 being able to use their pensions savings as a bnak account.
The meeting heard presentations from John Perks, Managing Director, Retirement Solutions, LV and Ewan Smith, Pensions Proposition & Strategy Director, Royal London setting out the background and industry reaction to the reform proposals.
John Perks' presentation - Pensions Reforms - LV presentation
Ewan Smith's presentation - Pensions Reforms - Royal London Presentation
The minutes of the meeting can be found on the Documents page under Pensions.
- Start-up motor MGA to target £20m premium in first year
- Video: Crif's Sara Costantini on improving fraud detection in commercial lines
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Co-op hits out at software viability in IBM legal dispute
- Supply chain focus: How ADAS is shifting the goalposts in motor repair
- MGAs roundtable: What does the future hold for managing general agents?
- Insurers warn of red tape burden from EU green cards