Mr Jones's commonsense and practical approach to the huge challenge he faces in getting the whole Personal Accounts regime up and running in a pretty tight timescale certainly impressed those MPs and Peers who have a clear understanding of the issues and were involved in shaping the legislation that created Personal Accounts. He also showed a skilfull, light touch in dealing with the more politically charged contributions, mainly from those who lament the passing of the era of generous final salary pension schemes.
A more detailed summary of the proceedings has been prepared by the group's technical consultants Price WaterhouseCoopers.
APPG - note of meeting _PADA_ 201009.pdf
- Motor insurers paying out record £23m in claims every day
- Insurers warned a 'robust' system will be in place to monitor discount rate savings
- Whiplash bill clears final hurdle before receiving Royal Assent
- Staff at collapsed RIIG owed thousands in unpaid wages
- Insurtech funding in 2018 close to all time record
- Relaunched insurer Folgate to write £35m in first year
- Blog: Who Monitors Wins