Group Head office: Churchill Court, Westmoreland Road, Bromley BR1 1DP Tel: 020 8313 3030 www.chu...
Group Head office: Churchill Court, Westmoreland Road, Bromley BR1 1DP
Tel: 020 8313 3030
A YEAR IN THE NEWS
October - December 2006
- October: Loses motor business manager Darren McCauley to Budget.
- October: Ian Chippendale, retiring non-executive chairman of Royal Bank of Scotland Insurance, is replaced by Mark Fisher, chief executive of RBS' manufacturing division.
- November: Annette Court steps down as chief executive of RBSI to join Zurich Financial Services after 10 years with Direct Line. Chris Sullivan, deputy chief executive of RBS's retail markets arm and chief executive of retail, replaces her.
- December: Royal Bank of Scotland Insurance undergoes an internal restructure that sees brands including NIG, Direct Line, UKI Partnerships and Churchill stripped of their directly aligned bosses. Under the shake-up, NIG managing director Charles Crawford takes over broker/partnerships.
January - March 2007
- January: Banking giant Alliance and Leicester re-enters the motor market with a new partner, just a year after terminating its original deal with direct insurer Churchill. The bank had previously started to offer motor insurance in 2000, when it signed a three-year deal with Churchill. This was terminated in December 2005 due to the two firms having "different ideas about what they wanted to do".
April - June 2007
- May: Is one of a group of insurers to agree with medico-reporting agencies on the amount to be charged for reports where damages are not anticipated to exceed £15,000.
July - September 2007
- August: RBSI is primed for growth after it emerges it is set to enter the direct commercial market this autumn, with the Churchill brand linked with the move.
- September: RBSI confirms it will allow its Churchill brand on Tesco Compare.
UK GWP: £1.192m
UK pre-tax profit: N/a
Regional offices (UK): N/a
Worldwide offices: N/a
Key personnel: Mark Fisher, chairman; Chris Sullivan, chief executive
Major shareholder: Royal Bank of Scotland Group
Main business lines: Personal lines
Recent sales/acquisitions: N/a
UK Reserves: N/a
Agency base: N/a
Direct arm: Churchill
Year established: 1989
- Loss-making GRP spent £112.6m on acquisitions over its last financial year
- Hiscox names former claims boss as UK CEO
- Hiscox's James Brady on why cyber knowledge remains a barrier
- Mike Bruce promoted to GRP group managing director
- CBL shareholder in bid to save troubled firm from liquidation
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Marsh boss joins GRP-backed Marshall Wooldridge