18. Co-operative Insurance Services Co-operative Insurance Society, Miller Street Manchester M60 0...
18. Co-operative Insurance Services
Co-operative Insurance Society, Miller Street
Manchester M60 0AL
Tel: 08457 46 46 46
A YEAR IN THE NEWS
- Announces it will close its 106 district offices by the end of 2005, which sees 900 staff go. This is part of Co-operative Insurance Society's review of its insurance business, which has seen 2500 staff axed since July 2004.
- Axes 175 jobs with the closure of seven of its 18 regional claims offices.
- Reveals up to 150 management roles could be shed in its latest round of job cuts. The company announces a restructure of its home service operations and considers streamlining the operation's management numbers from 420 to 270.
- 270 staff relocate after the company reveals it will close another seven claims offices, leaving it with four enlarged regional bases, in addition to a new claims contact centre in its Manchester headquarters.
- Profits slump nearly 50% from £61.7m in 2003 to £32.2m. New business declines from £175.2m to £167.6m.
- The company is threatened with strike action by the Union of Shop, Distributive and Allied Workers over pay reforms.
- General Insurance director Andy Watson leaves to become managing director at UKI Partnerships.
- CIS door-to-door staff and financial advisers vote to strike unless the insurer agrees to arbitration.
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- Analysis: The mystery of the missing Insurance Fraud Taskforce report
- O’Connor replaces Fairchild at the helm of Broker Network
- Green light for UK-US insurance trade deal
- Travel insurtech Pluto begins beta test
- Majority of customers support a ban on dual pricing
- Home insurance insurtech Buzzvault launches