Group Head Office Churchill Court Westmoreland Road Bromley BR1 1DP Tel: 020 8313 3030 www...
Group Head Office
Bromley BR1 1DP
Tel: 020 8313 3030
A YEAR IN THE NEWS
OCTOBER - DECEMBER 2005
- November: Hits back at speculation that it could move customer call centre operations offshore by confirming commitment to UK operations.
JANUARY - MARCH 2006
- January: Churchill founder Martin Long is appointed by Ashworth Mairs Group as a non-executive chairman and main board director.
- February: Several former Churchill and Royal Bank of Scotland Insurance bosses emerge to put their name to a start-up multi-channel general insurance business targeting motor, home and SMEs. Peter Horton and Paul Cassidy are named as key managers alongside former Churchill managing director John O'Roarke.
APRIL - JUNE 2006
- May: Parts company with football club Crystal Palace after five years, despite the club offering shirt sponsorship for next season for £250,000.
- May: Churchill founder Martin Long throws his weight behind a new SME underwriting start-up headed by former Independent Insurance managers.
- May: A third former Churchill director announces a start-up operation. Former group claims director, Gerry Ward, launches a rehabilitation company to provide case management solutions to the personal injury market.
JULY - SEPTEMBER 2006
- July: Begins Challenge Churchill, a new campaign called asking people to challenge it "not just for a better deal but also for whatever else you want from your insurer and insurance".
- July: New parent RBSI loses out to banking rival Lloyds TSB for renewal rights to Pearl's GI book. It was previously transferred to Churchill in 2001 in a five-year deal.
FACTS AND FIGURES 2005
UK GWP: £1.23bn
Regional offices (UK): Three
Key personnel: Mike Quinton, managing director
Main business lines: Personal lines
Major shareholder: Royal Bank of Scotland Group
Direct arm: Churchill
Year established: 1989
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- O’Connor replaces Fairchild at the helm of Broker Network
- Home insurance insurtech Buzzvault launches
- Stackhouse Poland makes fourth acquisition of the year
- Aviva promises to 'reinvent' insurance and end dual pricing
- CBL Corporation expected to be placed in liquidation, sees further delays to watershed meeting
- Ed unveils CEO Hearn’s replacement and plots Bermuda office