The ambitious plans for reform of the UK's pensions system drew a big crowd to the recent meeting of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services.
Originally set up to brief MPs on the industry's reactions to the proposals for the major overhaul of annuities announced by George Osborne, Chancellor of the Exchequer, in his Budget earlier this year, the meeting was given a further topical edge by the Chancellor's speech the day before saying he envisaged all workers over 55 being able to use their pensions savings as a bnak account.
The meeting heard presentations from John Perks, Managing Director, Retirement Solutions, LV and Ewan Smith, Pensions Proposition & Strategy Director, Royal London setting out the background and industry reaction to the reform proposals.
John Perks' presentation - Pensions Reforms - LV presentation
Ewan Smith's presentation - Pensions Reforms - Royal London Presentation
The minutes of the meeting can be found on the Documents page under Pensions.
- City Minister on why the government is supporting insurance as the engine of the economy
- Ombudsman launches review following undercover investigation
- XL Catlin adds Brexit continuity clause to policies
- Broker Network makes fifth ‘powerhouse’ acquisition
- Munich Re to cut 900 jobs as reinsurer targets profits surge in 2018
- Axa denies U-turn after customer has excess refunded from Liverpool car park fire
- Aviva hires LV and Zurich bosses in commercial growth plan