GROUP HEAD OFFICE St Andrew's House Portsmouth Road Esher Surrey KT10 9SA www.st-andre...
GROUP HEAD OFFICE
St Andrew's House
Surrey KT10 9SA
A year in the news
January - March 2008
- February: Parent company Halifax Bank of Scotland reports its general insurance profit decreased by 24% to £232m (2006: £304m), reflecting the £135m cost of the floods in June and July 2007, which outweighed the "positive impact from good volume growth in household insurance".
April - June 2008
- April: Business investment company Caley, established by parent company HBOS with HSBC and Lloyds TSB, confirms it has acquired three businesses from the Erinaceous Group.
- June: St Andrew's Group promotes Andrew Taylor as head of partnerships and appoints Ian Valentine as director of sales and marketing.
July - September 2008
- August: Parent company HBOS reveals its general insurance profit leapt by 64% to £176m in the first six months of the year, in marked contrast to the bank's overall performance. General insurance sales overall rose by 3% to £892m gross written premium, compared with £868m in 2007. Overall HBOS group announces that pre-tax profits fell by more than 70%, from £2.99bn in 2007 to £848m over the same period for 2008.
- August: Parent confirms it is to be taken over by Lloyds TSB.
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- Charles Taylor bolsters liability team by hiring senior sextet from Vericlaim
- I work in insurance: Stephanie Horton, River Canal Rescue
- Insurtech diary: Getting stuck into insurance
- Analysis: The mystery of the missing Insurance Fraud Taskforce report
- Gallagher Bassett acquires claims management firm