Post caught up with Allianz CEO Jon Dye, ahead of the Biba conference in Manchester.
Best thing ever picked up at a Biba stand?
The cocktails on the Bluefin stand in 2009 (my first Biba) were particularly enjoyable, as I recall.
Who is the most impressive speaker you have ever seen at a Biba Conference?
I stay in the hall to talk to our broker partners rather than attending the formal sessions, so I can't comment on the conference speakers. I have heard any number of impressive stories from our customers, however!
Who is your favourite Mancunian?
Like most students in the 1980s, I found that Morrissey was difficult to avoid. He is now the principal instrument of torture on the iPod in my car as far as my daughter is concerned.
What is your favourite Manchester haunt for food and/or drinks?
House, as the venue for our broker dinner on the night before the conference.
With market conditions for European insurers are extremely challenging, and companies facing a wide range of difficulties, just who has made the list of the top 30 European insurers complied by Am Best.
- Insurance United Against Dementia: Swiss Re UK CEO O'Neill on why tackling Alzheimer's is important
- Grenfell insurer proposes voluntary scheme for victim payouts: updated
- Marsh takes aim at commercial mid market
- Insurers gear up for Hurricane Ophelia on anniversary of 1987 Great Storm
- Q3 hurricanes to cost Zurich $700m
- UK loss adjuster rankings 2017: The rankings
- Industry calls for driverless cars bill to be 'straightforward'