Post caught up with Allianz CEO Jon Dye, ahead of the Biba conference in Manchester.
Best thing ever picked up at a Biba stand?
The cocktails on the Bluefin stand in 2009 (my first Biba) were particularly enjoyable, as I recall.
Who is the most impressive speaker you have ever seen at a Biba Conference?
I stay in the hall to talk to our broker partners rather than attending the formal sessions, so I can't comment on the conference speakers. I have heard any number of impressive stories from our customers, however!
Who is your favourite Mancunian?
Like most students in the 1980s, I found that Morrissey was difficult to avoid. He is now the principal instrument of torture on the iPod in my car as far as my daughter is concerned.
What is your favourite Manchester haunt for food and/or drinks?
House, as the venue for our broker dinner on the night before the conference.
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Marsh's JLT deal 'could drive further M&A'
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud
- Blog: Loss adjusters are developing new skills to tackle escape of water claims
- RSA's Carolyn Mackenzie on the delicate balance struck by whiplash reforms
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Premium Credit says customer data is safe following ‘cyber incident’