The group also saw its combined operating ratio rise to 85.6% from 72.7% in Q1 2016. Gross premiums written dropped to $196.5m from $230.8m. Profit before tax rose however by 8% from $26.5m to $28.7m.
- Industry braced for losses in wake of Carillion collapse
- CEO of Insure the Box sets up insurtech
- Japanese insurer completes buyout of Insure the Box owner
- Rob Townend replaces Colm Holmes as Aviva UK GI boss
- Axa hires John Heaney as head of schemes
- Ex-Insure the Box CEO's insurtech to launch in Q2 2018
- Analysis: Employee benefits: Perking up at work