GROUP HEAD OFFICE The AIG Building 58 Fenchurch Street London EC3M 4AB Tel: 020 7954 7000...
GROUP HEAD OFFICE
The AIG Building
58 Fenchurch Street
London EC3M 4AB
Tel: 020 7954 7000
A year in the news
October - December 2007
- October: Parent company AIG Europe's senior claims officer, Steve Eckhardt, announces he is leaving the UK to take up a group-wide role in New York, with Steve Agutter taking over as regional claims manager in the UK.
- October: AIG UK opens its first new office for several years in Newcastle, led by Mick Laws in the role of business development manager.
- November: Announces all UK general insurance business, previously underwritten by New Hampshire Insurance Company, will transfer with immediate effect to Landmark Insurance Company, which will be called AIG UK going forward.
- December: Promotes Alexander Baugh to managing director after Marsh and McLennan Companies hire former AIG UK managing director, Daniel Glaser.
January - March 2008
- January: Launches Enviropro, an annually renewable environmental product targeted at small/medium-sized enterprises.
April - June 2008
- April: Announces it is to consolidate its property, liabilities and AIG-combined businesses into one division, which will be led by Jason Harris, previously responsible for AIG UK's property account.
- May: AIG is dropped as underwriter by travel intermediary Insure and Go, in favour of Europ Assistance, after the US insurer ceases cover for UK residents travelling to Cuba.
- September: Parent AIG is saved from going under by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York with a two-year, $85bn revolving credit facility to ensure it meets its liquidity needs.
FACTS AND FIGURES
UK GWP: N/D
UK pre-tax profit: N/D
Regional offices (UK): 11
Worldwide offices: 400
Key personnel: Alexander Baugh, managing director; Kelly Lyles, director of commercial lines; Mike Giblin, director of client management; Steve Agutter, claims; Patrick Corbett, director consumer lines
Major shareholders: American International Group
Main business lines: Accident and health, aviation, casualty, crisis management, energy, financial lines, property, trade and political risk, environmental, marine and mergers and acquisitions
Recent sales/acquisitions: N/A
UK Reserves: N/D
Agency base: 1728
Direct arm: AIG Direct
Year company established: 1869 in the US; 1953 in the UK
Source: AIG UK.
- Home insurance insurtech Buzzvault launches
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- Ed unveils CEO Hearn’s replacement and plots Bermuda office
- Stackhouse Poland makes fourth acquisition of the year
- Hyperion hires CFO to replace Oliver Corbett
- CBL Corporation expected to be placed in liquidation, sees further delays to watershed meeting
- Aviva promises to 'reinvent' insurance and end dual pricing