Identity fraud is a growing problem for the financial services industry. Almost 173,000 cases were reported last year, the highest number on record, according to fraud protection service Cifas. Whether this involved someone falsifying their own details, making an identity up or stealing someone else's, it's something the insurance industry is keen to stamp out. Although the problem is growing rapidly, it's nothing new. "Identity fraud used to be all about a chap going through the bins to see
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 2: Silicon Valley
- Towergate places 133 jobs at risk in restructure
- Aviva's 'Ask It Never' concept to cut out question asking process
- Whiplash reform bill shelving is green light for personal injury 'gravy train'
- Blog: In memoriam - why insurtech start-ups fail
- Blog: Brokers' bad reputation
- Allianz makes strategic investment in Lemonade