European Union member states are set to receive guidance from Brussels to ensure national regulators do not undercut each other while trying to attract firms from the UK.
The competition watchdog is conducting an investigation into Solera’s acquisition of Autodata.
Mumbai-based start-up Acko has raised $30m (£23.3m) in seed funding to launch a digital-only general insurer.
Headlines on the impact of artifical intelligence have ranged from predicting a doomsday where the robots take control to, more recently, exploring scenarios where humans and robots live together in harmony. Harry Clarke, head of research at Tällt…
This is an exciting Operational/Conduct Risk/Compliance opportunity to relocate to Munich with a leading global organisation
Competitive plus benefits, Munich (Landkreis), Bayern (DE)
Autonet are one of the UK's leading, independent insurance brokers who represent some of the most familiar brand names in the UK insurance market....
Competitive, Greater Manchester
- Insurers at risk of losing two thirds of previous customer data due to GDPR
- Tragic hero of Manchester bombing was Aviva employee
- Competition watchdog investigates Solera over Autodata takeover
- Broking giant created from Towergate issues £800m bond offering
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 3: The quickening
- UK General acquisition receives regulatory approval
- Aviva plans to tackle dual pricing with Ask It Never service
Find out who ranks highest in the Top 100 UK insurers in Post’s 2016 countdown. The data, produced in association with AM Best, lists firms based on their financial returns.
As expected by AM Best, Chinese and Japanese companies ranked high. The largest Korean company was ranked seventh, and the largest Australian company followed at eighth.
A lack of large natural disasters, favourable exchange rates and a number of sizeable mergers have seen many of the top 30 European insurers weather the tough environment and climb the rankings complied by AM Best
The ranking of broking groups is based on research carried out in April and June 2016.