Former Axis Capital London media and technology manager Rob Jones has launched a managing general agent targeting media, technology and cyber liability risks.
Carole Nash has decided to purchase Cornmarket Insurance Services’ Republic of Ireland motorcycle insurance book of business.
Insurance premiums will continue to skyrocket for motorists as a result of the government's decision to shelve proposed whiplash reforms, the AA has warned.
James Stuart Clarke, head of sales and partnerships at Digital Fineprint, compares the start-up scenes of San Francisco and London in the second instalment of his behind-the-scenes look at insurtech disruption.
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 2: Silicon Valley
- Aviva's 'Ask It Never' concept to cut out question asking process
- Whiplash reform bill shelving is green light for personal injury 'gravy train'
- Blog: In memoriam - why insurtech start-ups fail
- Allianz makes strategic investment in Lemonade
- Whiplash reform shelved in light of general election
- Digital Collective Blog: Getting the CFO on board
Find out who ranks highest in the Top 100 UK insurers in Post’s 2016 countdown. The data, produced in association with AM Best, lists firms based on their financial returns.
As expected by AM Best, Chinese and Japanese companies ranked high. The largest Korean company was ranked seventh, and the largest Australian company followed at eighth.
A lack of large natural disasters, favourable exchange rates and a number of sizeable mergers have seen many of the top 30 European insurers weather the tough environment and climb the rankings complied by AM Best
The ranking of broking groups is based on research carried out in April and June 2016.