Smith described the news as "a step in the right direction", but also urged that the momentum towards finding a long-term flood risk solution is not lost over the coming months. "This will ensure that flood insurance remains affordable and accessible for all," he said. "But more work needs to be done during the summer recess to maintain momentum and give us confidence that a long term solution can be found, particularly agreement on the role the insurance industry and government will play. "O
- Potential Swinton job losses a 'disappointing tragedy'
- Commercial lines brokers must adapt or 'face extinction'
- Motor premiums set to rise by 29% by 2018
- Swinton to cut 900 jobs in shift away from high street model
- Towergate's Ebitda climbs 12% on back of restructure
- David Cameron to deliver Biba conference keynote speech
- FCA publishes first complaints figures since rule change