A magnitude 6.0 earthquake struck near Napa, California, about 50 miles (80.5km) South-west of Sacramento, the state capital and 6.7 miles (10.8km) deep. 120 people have been taken to hospital. Although most were for minor injuries, three people are in a critical condition. According to the United States Geological Survey, damage from the earthquake could reach $1bn but it is very early days in assessing the damage. In one incident six mobile park homes caught fire and in another a swimming p
- Potential Swinton job losses a 'disappointing tragedy'
- Commercial lines brokers must adapt or 'face extinction'
- Motor premiums set to rise by 29% by 2018
- Swinton to cut 900 jobs in shift away from high street model
- Towergate's Ebitda climbs 12% on back of restructure
- David Cameron to deliver Biba conference keynote speech
- FCA publishes first complaints figures since rule change