As well as expecting to be able to buy insurance online quickly and easily, Millennials are much more likely to share their views online. Getting it wrong can cost an insurer its reputation. The bar is set pretty high too. “It’s not a question of comparing us to other insurers,” says Charlotte Halkett, general manager, communications at Insure The Box. “They compare their insurance purchasing experience to shopping on Amazon.” To make the grade, insurers are well aware they need to change.
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 3: The quickening
- Blog: From Noddy to Sweep, kids TV has been helping insurers sell products since 1985
- Am Trust receives $300m investment from Karfunkel family after share price falls
- Personalisation or irrelevance: Why insurance companies need to match their customers' raised expectations in the digital age - watch now
- Broking giant created from Towergate issues £800m bond offering
- Insurercore set to launch broking social media platform after fixing technical glitches
- Blog: Using robots to build trust