Climate damages are set to increase with the knock-on effects of global warming, such as rising sea levels and heatwaves. In the Global Risks Report 2017 compiled by Marsh for the World Economic Forum, climate change was the number two underlying trend. All five environmental risks in the survey were ranked both high-risk and high-likelihood. As the risks grow and become more and more unpredictable, the insurance industry is feeling the heat. "Insurers have seen a wave of weather-related da
- In Depth: Claimant lawyers move from whiplash to holiday illness claims
- Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Majority of UK businesses 'will not be compliant' in time for GDPR
- Insurers at risk of losing two thirds of previous customer data due to GDPR
- Repair firm feared to be hacked for personal accident data
- Insurercore set to launch broking social media platform after fixing technical glitches
- Crash for cash fraudsters jailed after fabricating accident