The Enterprise Act with its new requirements to pay claims within a ‘reasonable time’ is starting to focus the attention of claims handlers and investigators on potential issues. When it comes to property fire claims, this is already causing tensions as fears that this could emerge as a problem area are growing among some of those at the sharp end of investigations. The Act doesn’t come into force until May this year and it will only apply to policies issued after then. There are a range of
- In Depth: Claimant lawyers move from whiplash to holiday illness claims
- Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Majority of UK businesses 'will not be compliant' in time for GDPR
- Insurers at risk of losing two thirds of previous customer data due to GDPR
- Repair firm feared to be hacked for personal accident data
- Insurercore set to launch broking social media platform after fixing technical glitches
- Crash for cash fraudsters jailed after fabricating accident