This October four people were killed on a ride at the Dreamworld theme park on Queensland's Gold Coast in Australia, while only the previous month Alton Towers operator Merlin Entertainments had been fined £5m for the June 2015 crash on its Smiler rollercoaster in which 16 people were injured. The latter incident was described as a "catastrophic failure" and as a "needless and avoidable accident" by the judge during sentencing. This May also saw extensive coverage of a fake bomb th
- Potential Swinton job losses a 'disappointing tragedy'
- Commercial lines brokers must adapt or 'face extinction'
- Motor premiums set to rise by 29% by 2018
- Swinton to cut 900 jobs in shift away from high street model
- Towergate's Ebitda climbs 12% on back of restructure
- David Cameron to deliver Biba conference keynote speech
- FCA publishes first complaints figures since rule change