By European Union (EU) standards, the Russian (re)insurance market is still underdeveloped. Until recently, it was difficult to make even informed estimates on what the 'real' market was worth and to what extent it was actually growing. Insurers' results were shrouded in impenetrable and unreliable numbers, with endemic and deeply problematic corruption.However, over the last two to three years, the financial authorities have introduced new legislation to boost the market, and tightened regu
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform