Converium has become one of the first foreign insurers to take advantage of the increasingly liberal reinsurance regime in Brazil.On 15 January 2007, Brazil's vice-president, Jose Alencar, signed a bill establishing regulatory norms for national and foreign reinsurers to enter the Brazilian reinsurance market, previously a monopoly of the state-owned Instituto de Resseguros do Brasil (IRB).Converium's scheme has been launched in conjunction with Alianaa do Brasil, the insurance unit of Banco
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform