Guillermo Garcia Castellon, Mapfre's CEO in Chile, aims to achieve a general insurance market share of over 15%, against 11% today, including 10% of all Chilean life policies.Mapfre's expansion in Chile will focus on home and motor insurance, but will include the health insurance field and increase their third-party liability portfolio. Acquisitions are not discarded, says Mr Castellon."We are open to any opportunities," he added.
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Ageas's François-Xavier Boisseau on avoiding the avoidable
- Covea sees profits treble following Sterling integration