The liberalisation of China's reinsurance industry has reached a critical juncture. With the restructuring of state-owned incumbent China Reinsurance, the government's strategy to spur competition has hit an inflection point. Several international reinsurers have recently obtained key domestic operating licences and the government is promoting local firms. Though always fraught with uncertainty, China is presenting opportunities for overseas reinsurers.The successful privatisation of China's
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best