When did you start in the business?I started my career in 1964 as an apprentice at Jauch & Hubener. Young people today would scarcely believe what our working conditions were like then. If you wanted to make photocopies, you needed your superior's permission. You could only make outside phone calls using the department head's phone and, of course, if things had to move quickly, you used a telegram to communicate. In order to reduce the costs, there were codes for telegrams. Number one was fo
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Ageas's François-Xavier Boisseau on avoiding the avoidable
- Covea sees profits treble following Sterling integration