Until late August, this year's renewal season was shaping up to be rather dull and predictable. In fact, it looked set to be largely a wrangle about price, with direct insurers faced with declining insurance rates trying to pass some of that decline on to the reinsurance market.This was particularly so since over the past year, there has been a growing disparity between reductions in the insurance market and those in the reinsurance market where the reinsurance market's discipline has been p
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Ageas's François-Xavier Boisseau on avoiding the avoidable
- Covea sees profits treble following Sterling integration