Post caught up with Allianz CEO Jon Dye, ahead of the Biba conference in Manchester.
Best thing ever picked up at a Biba stand?
The cocktails on the Bluefin stand in 2009 (my first Biba) were particularly enjoyable, as I recall.
Who is the most impressive speaker you have ever seen at a Biba Conference?
I stay in the hall to talk to our broker partners rather than attending the formal sessions, so I can't comment on the conference speakers. I have heard any number of impressive stories from our customers, however!
Who is your favourite Mancunian?
Like most students in the 1980s, I found that Morrissey was difficult to avoid. He is now the principal instrument of torture on the iPod in my car as far as my daughter is concerned.
What is your favourite Manchester haunt for food and/or drinks?
House, as the venue for our broker dinner on the night before the conference.
- Bollington boss recounts harrowing ordeal of Manchester terrorist attack
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Manchester Arena ‘regularly carried out terrorist response training’
- Swinton call centre staff relocated following Manchester blast
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 3: The quickening
- Zurich and Axa close Manchester branches for the day following terror attack
- Pool Re will respond to Manchester attack as ‘quickly as possible’