Post caught up with Covea, head of regions, South, Keith Hector, ahead of the Biba conference in Manchester.
What is the best thing you have ever picked up at a Biba stand?
The Space Invader and Pac Man cushions from 2013 went down a storm with my kids. Well done whoever was giving those out
Who is the most impressive speaker you have ever seen at a Biba Conference?
I spend my time chatting up brokers, there's no time to see the keynote speakers!
Who is your favourite Mancunian?
Maureen Owen, Covéa Insurance Northern leader. As Mo would say, ‘End of'. Outside of work it has to be John Cooper Clarke.
What is your favourite Manchester haunt for food and/or drinks?
Anywhere far enough away from Old Trafford.
- Insurers at risk of losing two thirds of previous customer data due to GDPR
- Tragic hero of Manchester bombing was Aviva employee
- Broking giant created from Towergate issues £800m bond offering
- Aviva plans to tackle dual pricing with Ask It Never service
- Competition watchdog investigates Solera over Autodata takeover
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 3: The quickening
- Personalisation or irrelevance: Why insurance companies need to match their customers' raised expectations in the digital age - watch now