It has been exactly a year since Allianz exited the direct home and motor markets; a business restructure that affected 170 roles. At the same time, the insurer set up a technical division to bring focus to the core competence of underwriting. Neil Clutterbuck was appointed CUO for the division at the time. Speaking to Post, he said that while the two moves were not related, there was an effort to minimise redundancies by focusing on internal hiring to the new division. “Internal hiring was a
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Government resurrects whiplash reform