It has been exactly a year since Allianz exited the direct home and motor markets; a business restructure that affected 170 roles. At the same time, the insurer set up a technical division to bring focus to the core competence of underwriting. Neil Clutterbuck was appointed CUO for the division at the time. Speaking to Post, he said that while the two moves were not related, there was an effort to minimise redundancies by focusing on internal hiring to the new division.
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Blog: Seven Indian insurtech start-ups to watch in 2017 and beyond
- Ageas's François-Xavier Boisseau on avoiding the avoidable