The group said that its carried reserves as of 31 December 2016 were estimated using an assumption that the Ogden rate would decline to 1.0%. In February Lord Chancellor Liz Truss revealed the rate would be cut to -0.75%. “This discount rate change primarily impacts the liability & financial lines business within commercial insurance in the United Kingdom,” a group statement said. The increase to prior year loss reserves implemented by AIG as a result of the change is relatively low com
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 2: Silicon Valley
- Aviva's 'Ask It Never' concept to cut out question asking process
- Whiplash reform bill shelving is green light for personal injury 'gravy train'
- Towergate places 133 jobs at risk in restructure
- Blog: In memoriam - why insurtech start-ups fail
- Blog: Brokers' bad reputation
- Allianz makes strategic investment in Lemonade