The group said that the estimated impact on the group Solvency II capital ratio is approximately 2%. Aviva noted the decision would not affect its operating profit and that there would be no change to its dividend policy. The Lord Chancellor's decision resulted in Direct Line announcing a blow to profits of up to £230m, with Admiral seeing a profit hit of up to £100m. Hastings, Novae and Esure also posted exceptional losses from the changes. Insurers' share prices tumbled yesterday after Liz
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Government resurrects whiplash reform
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers