A particular comment about a new US provider caught my eye: "A large American ‘quant’ hedge fund is betting its number-crunching algorithms can gauge risks and set prices for insurance better and faster than any human could." As I read this, our latest research into the attitudes of high-net-worth insureds was sitting on my desk. It quoted a broker from a specialist private clients firm who explained how her job was based on what she described as "an intimate understanding of her clients". “
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 2: Silicon Valley
- Aviva's 'Ask It Never' concept to cut out question asking process
- Towergate places 133 jobs at risk in restructure
- Whiplash reform bill shelving is green light for personal injury 'gravy train'
- Blog: In memoriam - why insurtech start-ups fail
- Blog: Brokers' bad reputation
- Allianz makes strategic investment in Lemonade