All of these accidents occurred during training exercises or drills, supervised by qualified, experienced seafarers. However, this is not solely a UK-based phenomenon, nor one restricted to vessels flying the Red Ensign, but a global trend which all ship owners, managers and crewing agencies should be aware of. The most frequent accidents seen while conducting drills can be categorised as resulting from the following factors: • Failure of on-load release mechanism• Accidental operat
- Potential Swinton job losses a 'disappointing tragedy'
- Commercial lines brokers must adapt or 'face extinction'
- Motor premiums set to rise by 29% by 2018
- Swinton to cut 900 jobs in shift away from high street model
- Towergate's Ebitda climbs 12% on back of restructure
- David Cameron to deliver Biba conference keynote speech
- FCA publishes first complaints figures since rule change