Europe's reinsurers have seen their financial strength stabilise after a two-year period of downward pressure, according to a new report from AM Best.The rating agency said that strong accident year results were maintained through the first quarter of 2004 and are expected to persist through the year. Combined with a partial restoration of capital levels, this has helped support the current ratings.Accident year results reflect the ongoing hard market (albeit with property now softening some
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform