The group saw strong investment returns of 2.7%, with further net reserve releases in run-off insurance companies of £7.9m, compared to £8.3m in 2015. The group said it saw an “excellent contribution” from 15 completed legacy transactions over the course of the year. Ken Randall, chairman and CEO, said: “I am pleased to report that, as indicated in the recent placing announcement, the group traded very well in the second half of 2016 with full year profits ahead of board expectations and sig
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 2: Silicon Valley
- Towergate places 133 jobs at risk in restructure
- Aviva's 'Ask It Never' concept to cut out question asking process
- Whiplash reform bill shelving is green light for personal injury 'gravy train'
- Blog: In memoriam - why insurtech start-ups fail
- Blog: Brokers' bad reputation
- XL Catlin to participate in 30-month autonomous vehicle trial