Premiums for comprehensive cover have continued to rise during Q1 2017 to an average £781 according to the Confused.com Car Insurance Price Index in association with Willis Towers Watson. The index showed that the benefits of a 1.8% month on month decrease in January have been cancelled out by a 3.5% rise in March. Willis Towers Watson says the “key factor” in the direction of rates is the government’s decision to cut the Ogden discount rate in February. Stephen Jones, UK head of P&C pr
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best