The insurer is consulting with colleagues to ensure any roles redundant from the proposed changes could be absorbed within the wider group. The announcement comes after the company saw an 85% drop in underwriting profit in the first half of the year, and incoming general insurance CEO Steve Treloar vowed to examine unprofitable product lines at a "forensic level". "As noted in our 2016 half year results, there are a number of external factors that have created a challenging environment and out
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Government resurrects whiplash reform