Only one-fifth of the UK population purchases insurance for their pet yet incidences of fraud are soaring, from £420,000 in 2009 to nearly £2m in 2014.
What are the different types of fraudulent claims and how is the industry tackling them? Post's research editor Michèle Bacchus recently sat down with Crif Decision Solutions director Sara Costantini to find out how the sharing of data across the sector could help combat pet insurance fraud.
This video is part of a Spotlight series on pet insurance. Read part one on pet insurance in the UK, part two on pet claims and pet insurance fraud or part three on solutions to combat pet insurance fraud.
- Insurers at risk of losing two thirds of previous customer data due to GDPR
- Tragic hero of Manchester bombing was Aviva employee
- Broking giant created from Towergate issues £800m bond offering
- Aviva plans to tackle dual pricing with Ask It Never service
- Competition watchdog investigates Solera over Autodata takeover
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 3: The quickening
- Personalisation or irrelevance: Why insurance companies need to match their customers' raised expectations in the digital age - watch now