On 10 March, global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group announced it had agreed to acquire a majority stake in US wholesale insurance broker Jen Cap Holdings, with the latter assuming control of the assets of Wholesale Trading Co-Op Insurance Services. A statement by Carlyle said the deal will position Jen Cap as a consolidator of specialty insurance distribution and programme management businesses. This includes managing general agents, specialty programme underwriters, transactiona
- In Depth: Claimant lawyers move from whiplash to holiday illness claims
- Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Majority of UK businesses 'will not be compliant' in time for GDPR
- Insurers at risk of losing two thirds of previous customer data due to GDPR
- Repair firm feared to be hacked for personal accident data
- Insurercore set to launch broking social media platform after fixing technical glitches
- Crash for cash fraudsters jailed after fabricating accident