RSA group claims director Bill Paton was last night acclaimed as the achievement award winner at the Post Claims Awards.
Announcing the prize former colleague and judge Tony Emms, presenting on behalf of the Chartered Insurance Institute, noted his rise to prominence having started his insurance career at the Provinical after retiring as a football player with Ayr United.
Emms recalled how Paton had not only held senior roles at insurers, but also law firm DAC Beachcroft and outsourcer Capita.
Over 250 claims managers attended the event at the Royal Garden Hotel hosted by comedian Alex Horne.
The Full List of Winners
Customer Care Award for a Company
Customer Care Award for an Individual
Stephen Ward- Bluefin
Claims Innovation of the Year
Personal Lines Team of the Year
Commercial Lines Team of the Year
Rising Star Award
Michelle Schifano at Allianz
Loss Adjuster of the Year
The Insurance Law Firm of the Year
Claims Technology Partner of the Year
Insurance Claims Manager of the Year
Nick Lock, Major Loss Team Manager, Allianz Insurance
Claims Achievement Award
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Blog: Loss adjusters are developing new skills to tackle escape of water claims
- A-Plan bucks trend with latest high street branch opening
- Premium Credit says customer data is safe following ‘cyber incident’
- Up to 3750 jobs at risk from Marsh's acquisition of JLT
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud
- Marsh appoints UK corporate CEO