Radcliffe had never visited India prior to his appointment, but was nonetheless handed an impossible task, and an even worse deadline - India and Pakistan would become independent states on 15 August.
- Video: Insurers and claimant lawyers react to whiplash reform
- Sabre delivers COR of 68.5% following IPO
- Underlying performance needs to improve, says Lloyd’s CFO
- Lloyd’s struck by £2bn loss from nat cats
- Zurich appoints former RSA boss Robinson as chief underwriting officer
- Insurance leaders pledge to pass on personal injury reform savings
- Ombudsman launches review following undercover investigation