The All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services will hear tomorrow (Tuesday) about the challenges faced in dealing with cold-calling by claims management companies, especially over payment protection insurance.
Following the recent Information Commissioner’s Office investigation into PPI cold-calling and the subsequent fining of firms that have broken rules, the APPGIFS will ooks at how widespread an issue this is and what can be done to curb any malpractices.
The session will also see the launch of a new piece of research by AXA Insurance (UK) into CMCs.
Simon Entwisle, director of operations, ICO
David Fisher, catastrophic & injury claims technical manager, AXA Insurance (UK)
Kevin Rousell, head of claims management regulation, Ministry of Justice
Tuesday 26 November 2013, Committee Room 18, House of Commons, 4:30pm.
The session is open to members of the public subject to sufficient seating being available in the committee room. If attending you are advised to allow plenty of time to get through the security checks.
The final meeting of the Group in this session will be on
Wednesday 4 December, Committee Room 18, 10.30am
An audience with the Financial Conduct Authority
An update on the activities of the FCA since taking over the regulation of retail and wholesale financial services firms - including its thematic claims review and investigation into the sale of insurance add-ons.
Martin Wheatley, CEO, Financial Conduct Authority
- 2018 Insurance Marketing & PR Awards: Full list of winners
- Marsh's JLT deal 'could drive further M&A'
- Marsh group buys JLT for $5.6bn
- Axa sees huge spike in cavity wall installation claims
- RSA's Carolyn Mackenzie on the delicate balance struck by whiplash reforms
- Allianz splashes out on Olympics sponsorship
- Police called to Brolly offices after overnight break in